Thursday, June 9, 2011

Review: The Vampire's Warden by S.J Wright


Title: The Vampire's Warden - Undead in Brown County 1
Author: S.J Wright
Release Date: February 13th 2011
Available from: Amazon 

It was a flash in the moonlight, a blur of motion like I’d never witnessed before. No human had the capacity to move like that. When I found myself face-to-face with him there in the meadow, I knew without a doubt that the journal was authentic. I knew that my grandfather hadn’t been crazy at all.

Because a foot away from me stood a vampire.


Sarah reads her grandfather's journal in stunned disbelief. What was once her grandfather's responsibility has passed to her father and now to her. She has become the Warden. Her life will never be the same.
------------
This is a fresh and exciting new type of vampire story. The premise is nothing you've read before. While reading it was like I was actually there. Not many writers are able to capture that feeling but S.J Wright does it so well. Her characters are real and believable, like someone you've known for years. Sarah is strong, caring and loyal. I really enjoyed her character. The chemistry is almost instantaneous between her and Michael. He's not exactly someone you want to meet in the dark, and his personality and aura, I suppose, leap off the page. As soon as you read about him, you want more, even though you can feel he carries a darkness.
The only fault I found is that it wasn't long enough. I just wanted to keep reading. You'll want a copy if you're a fan of Sookie Stackhouse.
4/5



3 comments:

  1. I just love all the vampire stories out there right now, I can't seem to get enough of them. I'll definitely be picking this one up too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm! I'm a Sookie Fan so my interest is piqued! Looking forward to seeing what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sound like some great characters. Thanks for the Facebook friendship! I'm now a blog follower.

    ReplyDelete