Today I am lucky enough to have Jessica Andersen, author of the Final Prohpecy novels, here for an interview. Welcome to Strange Candy Reviews, Jessica. For those who haven't heard of your books can you tell us little about them?
Thanks so much for having me! (Waves at everyone out there in cyberspace.)
I’d be happy to intro the books: These are the stories of the modern magic-users called Nightkeepers, who have recently learned that it’s their job to save the world from the 2012 Doomsday prophesied by Mayan mythology. In order to reach their full powers, they must find and win their destined mates, outwit their demon foes, and keep their earthly enemies from triggering the apocalypse early.
I think of them as a darker, sexier take on Indiana Jones or Lara Croft. The books stand alone, but combine to tell an overall story, so you can either start with the latest, Blood Spells (the fifth book in the series) or go back and start from the beginning with Nightkeepers. Or start anywhere, really!
The books, in order, are: Nightkeepers, Dawnkeepers, Skykeepers, Demonkeepers and Blood Spells. In February of 2011, a Nightkeeper novella, “Crystal Skull,” will be in the On the Hunt anthology, headlined by Gena Showalter. Then in June, the sixth big book, Storm Kissed, will be released. For excerpts and more info, please check out www.JessicaAndersen.com.
Now, onto the questions:
1. Where would you want most to go for summer if money is not an object? The moon. Because, really, how cool would that be? (And you did say money was no object … )
2. Bikinis or one-piece swimsuits? Hmmm…. I think it depends on whether I’m lounging or doing. If the former, then bikini, thank you. If I’m up and moving around- playing volleyball, body surfing or whatnot, then bring on the one-piece so I can have fun rather than worrying about wardrobe malfunctions!
3. Walk on the beach dilemma: Thongs (flip flops) or barefoot? Barefoot, definitely. I love the feel of sand between my toes.
4. What was/would be your dream summer job? Doing what I’m doing now … with one less deadline per year. I’d love to have a little more breathing room in my schedule, but there’s really something lovely about the ability to pack the old laptop and work wherever. I love telling stories and being an author.
5. Summer dilemma: Summer in Australia vs. free ticket to go backpacking in Europe. Which one would you choose? Definitely Australia! I’m in the northeastern US of A, so your summer is my freezing, miserable winter and I would gladly escape it!
6. What’s your perfect summer date? Ooh, that’s a stumper, actually. I’m just now dipping a toe back into the dating world after a long time away. How about you ask me that again in the fall? LOL.
7. Surfer Boy or Cute Lifeguard? Marine biologist. I love me some bio-geek action.
8. If you could get surfing lessons from anyone, who would it be? Alex O’Loughlin. Which I probably just spelled wrong, but by the end of our lesson, my spelling skills (or lack thereof) hopefully wouldn’t be the main topic of discussion ;-)
9. What does summer mean to you’? Baseball, barbecue, and the smell of newly mown grass.
10. What summer food can’t you live without? Hm… I don’t know that my diet is all that seasonal. Pasta salad, maybe?
11. If you could pick any three items that you could have when stranded on an island, what would those items be and why? Well, if I’m stranded without provisions, then fishing line, a small saw, and a tarp. If I’ve got provisions and we’re talking luxury items, then bottomless chocolate, bottomless Sugar-Free Red Bull, and a loaded e-reader!
Thank you for answering my questions Jessica.
To enter the giveaway to win a copy of one of Jessica's book, just fill out this form below.All giveaways end February 2nd.